As many other PDMLers, I just received the spam message from Ricoh about the new camera that produces "4k videos", WG-M2.
And that's a big "selling point".
(And in a way, it's an interesting camera, in part due to it's wide-angle lens...)

What I am surprised is that it offers only 30 fps at 4k resolution (although 60 fps at 1080p). I am guessing that the bottleneck might be in the writing to the card part (on the CPU that is handling all that).

And it is known about the refresh rate playing much bigger role in the clarity of the video compared to the number of pixels.
See, e.g. here:
http://www.cnet.com/news/ultra-hd-4k-tv-refresh-rates/

Aah, those marketing ploys...

Cheers,