Bruce,

I am glad that it was helpful to you, even if such an indirect way.
:-)
I had seen a more detailed article earlier, probably in 2014. That was more technical, comparing more details, and essentially showing that 4k is mostly good for still images as opposed to the action videos. I couldn't find that link today, but AFAIR, the conclusion was that doubling the refresh rate was a better improvement for a video than going 1080p -> 4K.

Cheers,

Igor

PS. I just read the updates on the older story on the topic of 4k TV by the same auhtor:
http://www.cnet.com/news/why-ultra-hd-4k-tvs-are-still-stupid/
I think those updates are somewhat indicative of how opinions of the "experts" can change with time.