Stanley Halpin wrote:

>At first B&H were saying April 11 IIRC. Currently they show availability as
>April 29.
>Adorama from the beginning (i.e., when they started their listing of the
>camera) has shown expected availability as May 15.

I would expect "expected delivery date" to mean that for pre-orders
placed *today* that's when one might expect delivery. I don't see how
B&H could be expected to specify anything else: They can't specify the
expected delivery date for pre-orders placed in the past because those
could have been placed at a variety of times in the past, from one
minute after they started accepting pre-orders (a couple of months
ago) to yesterday. And they certainly can't be specifying an expected
delivery date for pre-orders to be placed in the future!

The only interpretation that makes sense is "Order now and you'll
probably get it some time around this date". Adorama undoubtedly has
different pre-orders already in place from customers and has placed
different orders to Pentax (based on their expectations of demand), so
it's not unreasonable for the delivery time frames of Adorama and B&H
to differ considerably for the first few months of availability while
demand exceeds supply.

--
Mark Roberts - Photography & Multimedia
www.robertstech.com