Mark C wrote:
I'm thinking about upgrading my current monitor. What specs should I be
looking at?

I'm considering -

IPS panel technology

Minimum 1900 x 1080 / 1900 x 1200 preferred. I am only looking for a 24
inch monitor given to be part of a two monitor system, so I doubt I will
be able to get much greater resolution without going larger.

Some things to keep in mind:

What resolutions can your computer drive? I found out that my iMac would not drive two 2560x1600 displays after I bought my HP monitor.

I am a big fan of having one horizontal and one vertical display. It makes it a LOT easier when working on vertical formatted photos. This could give you the space to run a pair of 27" displays rather than 24".

1920x1080 is easy, anything beyond that, less so.

There are some korean off brand 27" monitors that are much less expensive than the equivalent apple displays, but I hear that they can be a bit of a crapshoot.

Monitors tend to be one of the longest term investments, and the portion of the computer that you spend most of your time interacting with. It is worthwhile getting one that is a bit better than you think you'll need, because you'll probably outgrow it before it dies.