Stanley Halpin wrote:
Leaving aside a few snappies of a sleeping cat, I haven’t actually exercised
the new camera yet. But I did take time out from a couple of pressing projects
to work through the basic camera set-up.In most cases that meant trying to
replicate the control layout and choices I have on the K-3 and 645Z so that I
have consistency across the three bodies. E.g., consistent dial rotation on all
three.

One disappointment so far. A few generations ago Pentax blessed us with the RAW
button. Which allows one to switch from RAW to jpg at a whim from shot to shot.
Over time IIRC that morphed into a RAW/Fx button which could optionally be
programmed to do something else other than RAW/jpg switching. On the 645Z, K-3,
and maybe earlier bodies the RAW/Fx could be setup to turn bracketing on. (But
not off. Which always puzzled me.)

I have never had reason or cause to switch to jpegs. I have always found that button to be a huge pain in the ass, because it would switch me into a mode, but not out of a mode. I'd accidentally bump it, and would then have to go to the menus to get out of whatever mode. On the K-5 I had it set to astrotracer, so that it actually does something useful, but only when I'm in a mode to use it.
On the K-3 I have it set to light the top dial, so that is actually useful.