Thanks for the report Igor. 8 miles is plenty close for a tornado to one's
home. A National Weather Service forecaster that I know in Dodge City, KS
is also a storm chaser/photographer and this week is his "Chase-cation"
with some buddies. They knew that Tuesday's action would be right close to
Dodge City, KS. He joked on Facebook that morning that they would just sit
and sip cold drinks on the deck and watch a 3/4 mile wide tornado in his
backyard. That was rather prophetic, as it turns out that there were at
least a dozen separate tornadoes in the Dodge City area on Tuesday. He
reported that one was just 4 miles from his house and when that one
occluded and a new one formed, the new one was 2 miles from his house.
Yowza.

The National Weather Service office in Dodge City tweeted a photo taken
right out of their office window of a nice tornado on the ground.

--
“The Earth is Art, The Photographer is only a Witness ”
― Yann Arthus-Bertrand, Earth from Above