Larry Colen wrote:
Despite getting the 28-105 as a "daily driver" lens, I've hardly used
it. Driving over 17 tonight, I saw a medevac chopper at the helipad at
the summit, and stopped to take photos. On my first editing pass I
noticed vignetting on the photos. So, I shot a bunch of pictures of a
white door to check, make sure that the sunshade wasn't on crooked etc.
And sure enough the 28-105 does indeed vignette.

An update on the vignetting. In order for lightroom to do profile correction on the 28-105 or the 15-30 you will need to update lightroom to 6.6. Interestingly the four button profile correction menu has been changed to only two: profile and manual.

Since I had the chance, I also did a similar test with the DA 40 ltd,
and while it also vignettes, it doesn't do so as badly as the "full
frame" lens.

The DA 55-300 also vignettes, but interestingly, it vignettes worst at
both ends, and much less in the middle of its range.