That is a genius stroke of marketing! You’ve just passed Father’s Day, you are
full of regrets that you didn’t gift something to your father (or someone
else’s father) and/or that someone didn’t properly gift you. So bingo, think
Pentax! Buy now for next year! Avoid the regrets next time!

I’ll admit, I too was (at first) somewhat baffled by their timing.

stan