Stanley Halpin wrote:

>That is a genius stroke of marketing! You’ve just passed Father’s Day, you are
>full of regrets that you didn’t gift something to your father (or someone
>else’s father) and/or that someone didn’t properly gift you. So bingo, think
>Pentax! Buy now for next year! Avoid the regrets next time!

I'd wager that it's the company they outsourced their email marketing
to. They get a contract to deliver x number of promotions for a year,
most of which aren't timing critical, but and they generally don't
give a damn if time critical ones are late or not. They get paid (or,
more likely, have already been paid) by Pentax anyway.

--
Mark Roberts - Photography & Multimedia
www.robertstech.com