At most half a dozen, I took this 7 years ago, I was walking the beach under the overseas flight path from Tweed Hew Haven airport. Different plane, on it's way to an airshow in England. Bill's image is much better, mine is a grab shot, with the F 70-210 and *ist-Ds, I didn't expect the plane, all I heard were the Wasp Radial engines, and suddenly there it was. I posted it back then, but here's proof that at least a second B-17 is still flying. Interestingly enough both seem to be the same later version.

IIRC this was the center third of the frame.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1604247/PESO/PESO%20--%20b17.html

On 7/4/2016 12:32 AM, Alan C wrote:
Quite spectacular. Apparently only a few B17's still airworthy.

Alan C

-----Original Message----- From: Bill
Sent: Monday, July 04, 2016 6:14 AM
To: Pentax-Discuss Mail List
Subject: PESO: Aluminum Overcast

This isn't quite my usual fare, but the local flying club invited the
owners of this bird to bring her to our city for the Canada Day weekend.
It was stupidly hot today, so most of the images were rather obliterated
by heat haze, but I got a couple that I thought were OK, this being one
of them.

K1, A*600 f/5.6
ISO 1250, f/22, 1/2000 second.

http://users.accesscomm.ca/wrphoto/pictures/B17.html