----- Mensaje original -----
De: Steve Cottrell <co...@seeingeye.tv>

>I am a supporter of the EU, but I do not want my country to become a
state in the USE. I can't see how it would be possible. There are too
many diverse societies  with too many different backgrounds, cultures,
languages and ambitions to make it work. It would be doomed to failure
IMO. But a European Union as it stands at the moment is a working entity
that has good benefit for member countries.

>At the recent referendum I voted to remain in. If we do in fact Brexit,
and any future UK govt wanted to apply to rejoin, I think that if the
conditions were fully open borders and full financial union, then I
would vote to remain out.

>Like you, I love my country and I don't want to see it watered down by a
conglomerate entity composed of politicians from across the union, some
with their own agendas that bear no parallel with the UK's interests.

>I also love Europe and lots of countries within it - Spain and France to

name but two - and I don't want to see them watered down either.

Well, that is the never ending story with nationalism. One doesn't want his/her
nation to be diluted in a bigger entity that does not respect their
'peculiarities' and makes decisions against their interests.

The UK know this very well with Scotland, for instance, but somehow they
managed to convince them that they are 'Better Together'.
But, funny enough, the bettertogethers now vote for Brexit and proclaime their
'independence day' and the 'vote yes for independence's now say that they are
'better together'...with the rest of the EU.

In Spain we have the same thing with Catalonia, that doesn't feel well
respected in Spain but fully embraces the European project.

Maybe is that one hates its first line manager but no the second one...?

>Maybe I'm just getting a bit more cynical in my old age ;-)

>Peace, friends.

Sure !!
Actually, I think that this was all about. Too many countries, different
backgrounds, too little space...lets build something in common so we don not
keep fighting all the time.

The common project went too far for the British? well, too bad...but don't
worry, like in the Prodigal Son Parable, we will sacrifice a fattened calf to
celebrate your return...eventually.

It has been a pleasure, thanks for the conversation !

Jaume