If the Mac has an open PCI slot, you might be able to install an Adaptec 2906.

https://www.amazon.com/Adaptec-2906-SCSI-Windows-Support/dp/B00005111H

On 8/13/2016 7:45 AM, Steve Cottrell wrote:
Hi Listers

I have an old but possibly still useful Nikon LS-1000 film scanner with
a SCSI connection.

Is there anything readily available on the market that would allow me to
connect the scanner to either USB or FireWire on a recent Mac computer?

Thanks