Sombody wrote (no idea who):

 >Has anybody thought about making petition for Pentax headquarters with
our >opinions about MZ-S, and what could they do to make it better (in
MZ-Sn???) >Has anyone technical possibilities to make such a www site,
where evereone >interested could leave his comments on MZ-S, put this
together (or I could >do this part) and send to Japan??? I think, that we
users, should have >influence on future Pentax products, included improved
MZ-S (aka MZ-Sn)! >What do you think? Good idea or not?

REPLY:
Pentax is perfectly aware of what their customers think about their
products. They will upgrade products to their customers wishes if they find
it economically feasible and if it fit in with product cycles and other
products etc. A Pentax rep told me that the reason Pentax doesn't advertise
much is that they use all their marketing money on customer research!
The MZ-S, 645II and 67II actually include a host of features and details
wanted by Pentax users. The MZ-S is perhaps one of the cameras where the
user influence has been the strongest. The MZ-S is virtually a blueprint of
the MZ-1 people wished for on this list among others.
As personal speculation I would expect the MZ-S to be upgraded provided
that the camera will form the basis of Pentax digital slr's. However, this
depends on the camera sales figures and how 35mm slr's will fare in the
digital future.
On the other hand, I don't feel that the MZ-S needs much improvement.

Pål