Waddya mean, dump the MZ-5n and bring in the MZ-3?  In several markets (Canada and
Britain, at least), both cameras are available.  The MZ-3 is different from the 5n,
but it's not really an upgrade.  For my shooting, at least, the 2-second shutter speed
is needed more often the than the 1/4000 second, which is the main difference between
the two cameras.

As for upgrades, the MZ-5 was missing a few essentials, like DOF preview and AE lock,
so the 5n really filled a need.  With the MZ-S, on the other hand, you have a camera
which is pretty complete in every way.  The features, ergonomics and, in particular,
the build quality, are all I could ask for.  Well, maybe the lettering on the controls
could be engraved instead of silk-screened, but that shows you how close to ideal the
camera already is.  In my opinion, at least.

Pat White