That sounds like the best suggestion yet - to me, having just read through most of this.. althoughwhen I used to use a cable release for stability in the olden days, even my 40year old fingers had a hard time pressing the release button on those... but I'd think anything on a tripod would help

HOpe you get it solved

ann