David,

A few thoughts (and please forgive me if some of them are too obvious, - sometimes it's easy to omit something obvious):

1. Make sure the color handling is OFF in the printer profile (Printer properties, when you do "page setup" in LR):
https://www.breathingcolor.com/000_pfw_user_files/site_uploaded/2/Paul_BC/NoColorAdjustment545.jpg

2. On the RHS panel, in Print Module, uner "Print Job" -> Color Management, you have the correct paper profile chosen (Not "managed by printer").
The intent should be "relative".

3. In "Develop" module, check-mark "soft-proofing" at the bottom of the photo, and then choose the correct paper profile and "relative" intent.
"Simulate paper and ink" -> Check.

This should allow you to see how your photo will look on a particular type of paper. For me, this last (3) step was very important, as the appearance on some paper, especially more "generic" (less bright), - was darker then what I've been seeing on the screen.
The soft proofing in LR has decreased the gap in the darkness drastically.
I still think that the prints are slightly darker, and the degree of discrepancy depends on the paper.

HTH,

Igor