I see.

And just as a followup thought (which is probably obvious): I didn't mean that dance experience of a model is needed (even though it could be a big added bonus). And in reverse, I am not sure that all good dancers would make good models.

After having written, a constructive idea came to my mind:
I am thinking if the same shot as you did would work better if the models where lying (horizontally), while the camera would be right above them. That would allow an easier back-curve "matching", while avoiding unnecessary strain.

But then, it might be harder to accomplish, unless you have some type of gantry or a boom lift in the studio (or a 2-level loft with a balcony).

... but the models you have are better than that equipment. :-)

Igor