Shel Belinkoff wondered:
> I don't have a clue as to what the view through the finder would be with
> a pinhole cap in place of the lens,

Dim.

Visible, yes, but thank goodness one needn't focus with a pinhole!

(Haven't gotten a really sharp image from a pinhole yet.  Figure
my pinholes are too large, too small, or not perfectly round, so
far, and sooner or later I'll have to spring for one made by
somebody else.  Super Program can handle a pinhole in Really Bright
conditions, but I'm sure an LX would work much better.)

BTW, if you punch five pinholes near each other in a star pattern,
you'll get your image repeated in the same pattern.  If you make
your own pinholes, experiment with stuff like that.  :-)

                                        -- Glenn