On 9/25/2016 1:45 PM, Mark Roberts wrote:
Jostein Øksne wrote:

Den 25. september 2016 15.33.48 CEST, skrev Mark Roberts
<postmas...@robertstech.com>:
John wrote:

Saw the news story a few minutes ago.

Apparently it happened in 2014, "state sponsored hackers", but Yahoo
didn't find it until August this year. I can't tell if they got any of
my information or not, but I went ahead and changed my password. The
only thing I used it for was a backup of PDML in case Roadrunner went
down again. And now that I'm using Earthlink for email, I probably
don't
need it for that.

Anyway, I went ahead and changed my password.

I'm a little late on this but it's probably worth mentioning: Yahoo IS
Flickr! If you have a Flickr account you should change its password
immediately.

So... Two years without changing passwords? Hmmm... ;-)

You'd be amazed how many people don't. (Wait. No, you wouldn't.)

You'd also be amazed how many people use the same password on multiple
sites. (No, you wouldn't be amazed at that either.)

There are a lot of times where it really doesn't much matter if one has the same password across multiple sites. Photograph chatrooms such as dpreview and pentax forums are two such examples. Who the hell cares if they get hacked on those sites?