Doug, I have an AF160FC that is collecting dust. Practically new as it
never saw much use. But if you feel the Sigma is pricey then you'd not
want my Pentax. :)

Home made ring lights are good for portraiture. Larger ring diameters
are usually more flattering than tiny macro rings. Another look that's
excellent is to arrange a few strip lights in a triangle or square
shape then shoot through that. Or you could try a few of those new LED
replacements for fluorescent tubes that you can get at Walmart now.

--
-bmw