Eric,

You should be able to select that photo within LR (in "Library") by going to "Folders" panel on the left (not to "Collections").

If you still cannot find it, - under "Catalog" panel choose "All Photographs". Then in the menu on top Library->Find (or Ctrl-F on Windows, probably Command-F on Mac). In the small "form" at the top right, enter the filename of that photo (or a part of it).
It should be able to find it.

Then, right-click and choose "Remove photo", and from the pop-up window, choose "remove" (it will remove it from the LR library, but not from the disk).

And just in case:
You said, that you see it in "Finder", so, you know where it resides on the HDD, but in case you have doubts:
In LR on Windows, you can do as follows:
choose the photo, right click and choose "Show in Explorer". That will open Windows Explorer in the folder where it resides.
I just don't know what replaces the right-click on Mac in this case.

HTH,

Igor