Eric,

From this, updated description, it sounds like that file is NOT in LR at all, - since you only see it while going to "import" new photos.
Why do you think it is in LR?

When you are importing photographs that are not in LR, - you see all photos stored on your drive. And that the same as what you are describing. What's the problem? If you do not want to see that file in that folder, - in Mac's "Finder", - move it to where you want it to be saved (or delete, if you no longer need it at all).

Igor