> On Oct 5, 2016, at 10:24 AM, Bruce Walker <bruce.wal...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> What the manual largely lacks is any description of _why_ you'd want
> to use the features. So you need to scan the PDML and hope that you
> can spot that useful piece of information floating amongst the
> butt-nuggets of overly tight y-fronts and butch automobiles.
>
> I have the PDML to thank for my finally engaging back-focus, and
> discovering how useful the green button is for metering with vintage
> glass, among many other things.

Glad to hear that others see it this way. As you say, the manual reads like a
shopping list. I certainly have the list to thank for educating me about my
equipment and using it to make photographs.

So, though it’s not come up for me experientially, what is “back-focus”? And
it’s been a while since I’ve used a manual lens—until I started trying to do
action photography I wanted nothing to do with autofocus—but I don’t recall
ever using the green button. What’s special about it?

Eric Weir
Decatur, GA  USA
eew...@bellsouth.net

"What is man without the beasts? If all the beasts were gone,
men would die from a great loneliness of spirit."

- Chief Seattle