Hey Cotty, I had one of those once!
In Australia, the Charger was thought of as pretty much a rev-head's
car, but my mother loved hers (mind you, the last time she drove one of
my cars, I watched cruising at 130 in a 100 zone with some trepidation,
so she's no little old grey-haired lady!).  Later on, I bought one
 with the 351 engine while another car was repaired after hitting a
Brahman bull at just under 100k - not recommended.  Very basic car,
quite light for it's time, so had great performance.

Incidentally, over the week-end I had the chance to drive a new Holden
Monaro: that is quite a car!  4.4 litres of well-tuned power, great
seats and good brakes.  This is going to be the dream car for a lot of
guys who care about driving.

John Coyle
Brisbane, Australia