> >Think simple, elegant and reliable. I don't think the K1000 gets
> >the respect it deserves. It has all the features one needs for
> >photography, in a simple, clean, well laid out body. It would be
> >nice if it had direct DOF preview, rather than having to goof
> >the camera to get it.
> what did you mean with "DOF preview  ... having to goof the camera to get
> it."?
> Is there a trick to get DOF preview on K1000??

Press the lens-release button and carefully rotate the lens as
though to dismount it, but keeping it firmly in contact with the
lens mount.  The lens, if you manage not to drop it, will stop
down to the selected aperture.  Twist it back onto the camera
and proceed to take the picture.

Or -- my preferred solution -- use a KX, which is just like a
K1000 except that it has DOF preview, MLU, and a timer.  :-)

                                        -- Glenn