I hate to fully deflate your sails since you have a good wind up, but
I suggest you read the Wikipedia article on Hallelujah. There's a well
established tradition of folks recording Xmas covers of it and it
being programmed as an Xmas song. The very recent cover by a group
called Pentatonix is a case in point.

Pentatonix: hey, almost on-topic there.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Pentatonix_Christmas
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hallelujah_(Leonard_Cohen_song)