John, you should look into the Samyang 14mm f2.8. It's available in K mount, full frame and for what it is, very inexpensive. It's manual focus, but at f5.6 setting focus at about 30 feet should give acceptable in focus from about 5-6 feet to infinity. Even at f 2.8 you can get acceptable focus from about 9 feet to infinity. Reviews are all very complementary, comparing it to the Zeise MF lenses as far as image quality. Build, is another story, but they're not horrible. The only real disadvantage compared to the Pentax DA 15 I can see is size. They look to be about the same size as, or maybe marginally smaller than the A 15mm f3.5.