Jostein wrote:

> "A portrait is the result of a cooperation between two persons on each
> side of a camera. The result should be an image that goes beyond the
> mere description of skin and eyes to capture the pictured person's
> soul."

Nice definition. I do some street shooting of people who don't see me,
and I shoot some portraits or people with whom I communicate very deeply
and intimately. The two genres are not the same. That is not to say that
portraiture is a higher form, but it is certainly a different form. It
is rewarding both in the result and the interaction. It can be extremely
moving and physically exhausting. It can cause deep emotional gashes or
heal serious wounds. If you've never attempted it, one on one, with a
model who is as determined to succeed as you are, now is the time. Do
one for the PUG.
Paul Stenquist