Boris Liberman wrote:
My reply is inline, below.

On Mon, Jan 2, 2017 at 9:08 PM, Larry Colen<l...@red4est.com>  wrote:
Something I've been meaning to try for long time, but it seems that I
will have to put it off. The sensor of EM-1 is not very good in noise
department...

You may know of Ctein, who occasionally writes for The Online Photographer:
http://theonlinephotographer.typepad.com/the_online_photographer/ctein/

Some time ago Ctein (I am sure you'll get all the laughs out there
when you will hear me trying to pronounce this) and Mike Johnston
appeared to have some kind of fall out. But I don't follow TOP closely
enough to be up to date. My impression of Ctein was that he is a
master printer.

He and I were at the same New Years Eve party, and had both brought some
prints. He was showing off photos that he had taken of the Aurora in Canada
last summer with micro 4/3. The photos were gorgeous, but I could really
tell the difference between the u4/3 sensor and the Pentax APS and FF
sensors.

I would really appreciate if you elaborated here. Can be off-list if
you think it is more appropriate. I am thinking of buying one of these
Sony A7* cameras and Sony to Leica adapter (I already have very good
Leica to Pentax adapter) to serve as a digital back for my lenses:
M-mount Biogons 25/2.8 and 35/2.0 and Pentaxes A 50/1.2 and FA 77/1.2

I think you mean 77/1.8, if there's a 1.2 version of that lens, I'm really interested. :-)

I'm more than a little tempted to get a Sony body for all of my other random lenses, but I'm probably a lot better off selling them and getting new lenses. Although most of the lenses that I'm really interested in are available in Nikon mount. A 135/2.0 could be really fun.

(I would think that no commas are needed, which makes this portion of
the sentence quite funny, don't you think?). For AF stuff Oly will do
nicely, but I wanna know more about that difference that you could
tell...

The photos were at ISO 800, and were noisier, for example, than this shot at 6400
https://www.flickr.com/photos/ellarsee/28084127086/in/album-72157678418984536/
I'd say night time performance is on the order of that of the K20.

Boris