Been done before I am sure. I had heard since forever that LR could not take
advantage of pixel-shifted files from the K-3ii or K-1.  But I saw a discussion
recently that implied to me that LR did work.
As part of my recent look at the Leica-M adapter for K mount, I shot some of
the images with pixel shift turned ON.

Following a recent discussion on a Facebook pentax group, I did a bit more and
a comparison.

1. Pixel shift does seem to make a difference in resolution. My test was not
the best.
2. Pixel shift -> files about 3.5 times the size of a “normal” K-1 DNG.
3. Lightroom does not know how to process such files.
4. Lightroom generates color artifacts when processing such images.
5. If the weather ever warms up I’ll go to the storage locker, retrieve the
disc that came with the camera, and redo this using Pentax’s version of
silkypiks.

The link below takes you to the first of three images.

Image 1: a regular K-1 DNG
Image 2: a K-1 image with no changes to settings etc. except that Pixel Shift
was ON - image file stored as DNG
Image 3: the same image capture as in # 2, but this time I did an in-camera
processing of the file to create a TIFF file.

The linked images are a smallish crop of the original images.

http://photos.stanhalpin.com/p566717840/h80f3d918#h80f3d918

stan