> On Jan 25, 2017, at 7:08 PM, Rick Womer <rickpic...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> If you're in Program mode, the exposure compensation adjustment (the
> +/- button + the rear dial on the K-5) moves the exposure the desired
> number of stops up or down the program line; i.e. generally adjusts
> both shutter and aperture and leaves ISO alone.
>
> If you're in aperture priority mode, it adjusts shutter speed, and
> vice versa. If you're in TAV mode, it adjusts the ISO.

I’m gonna cheat this time and use Rick’s response as a summary for what I’ve
heard. Thanks, Rick. Very clear. Also to Peter, Cotty, Larry, Pos, and Ken.

There are things that were said, though, that I did not hear. That is, didn’t
understand. And probably am not going to understand when you explain it to me.
What’s an “ISO invariant” camera? If I’m to ETTR just enough to avoid clipping
highlights, how much is too much? I shoot RAW. Should I ignore the histogram?

Actually, not sure I need to know the answer to any of these questions right
now.

Thanks to all,
Eric Weir
Decatur, GA  USA
eew...@bellsouth.net

"Imagining the other is a powerful antidote to fanaticism and hatred."

- Amos Oz