"Painting by numbers" would not have the texture, only the contours.
That's at least the case with those that my child has used so far.

Igor

 Alan C Wed, 01 Feb 2017 23:22:58 -0800 wrote:

Pencil. If you numbered the "blocks" it could become a "painting by numbers" template.

Alan C

-----Original Message----- From: Igor PDML-StR

Sent: Thursday, February 02, 2017 7:27 AM
To: PDML@pdml.net
Subject: PESO - 100 dots (or playing with a photo)

I am not an artist: My abilities to draw a picture by hand are at the
level of a middle school or so. And most of the time I am too lazy to do
anything in Photoshop.

But occasionally I have an idea for a manipulation on the photo...
I think, this is somewhat reminiscent of a drawing. (What drawing
technique is this similar to? Pencil? Charcoal? Etching?):
http://42graphy.org/misc/2017-02-01-100days/

All comments and suggestions are welcome!

Igor