From: PDML [mailto:pdml-boun...@pdml.net] On Behalf Of ann sanfedele
Sent: Sunday, 5 February 2017 8:02 AM
To: Pentax-Discuss Mail List <pdml@pdml.net>
Subject: Ot; Just so you know...

Last Friday I found the perfect way to clear my brain from the elephant in the
room ...

I fell off of a wheely chair (office chair in my kitchen ) - The chair has been
tossed out.. it was
not well balanced, and I was jsut sitting on it and leaned forward to pick
something up off the
kitchen floor...
which slants a bit.. tried Not to fall (usually a bad idea) and the chair threw
me like a mechanical
bull at a Texas bar...
I only  slightly exagerate for color... sprained my lower back, hit the back of
my head on the
kitchen sink.... this was Friday night a week ago...

I piled an icepack on my goose egg and another on my back ... No broken
bones... I checked on line
that the area of my head that got bumped was a pretty low candidate to cause a
concussion (about 4
inches above the top of my left ear.)  Ice wsa applied for about 3 hours to
both areas, a lot of
words with friends ws played and the serious news of the day ignored.  Head
wasn not very hurt and
swelling went down quickly  - but the way I twisted my back was giving me a lot
of pain.  two
Naproxin Sodium pills were swallowed - I normally onlly take one if I hurt say
5 or 6 on a scale of
10.. this was like 15 on a scale of 1 -10.

Then I called a friend who I knew I wouldnt impose on by crying and bitching to
him, because he
lives north of Boston, is wonderful at "there, there" and pretty savvy
medically... and another
friend in NY who is too imobile for his own problems to be able to come help.

saturday I applied heat - I had some stuff here and a friend and neighbor
fetched more..  got out
with a cane on MOnday with some difficulty.. staye in for the worst weather on
Tuesday, walked again
on Wed, and each day after...

getting out of bed was intense .. the layered foam was too squishy...
again, helpful hands helped me remove a layer and roll it up in both my main
bed and the office
twin...

Last night was the first night I could get out of bed with only moderate pain
and today I walked
about 1/2 a mile without cane...

It was just so annoying because I had lost weight, had gotten a lovely check up
in December , hardly
felt the knee arthritis and was in full get things accomplished mode.

Also had some weird stuff witht he computer but that seems to have been
nothing.. ..

It will surely be a month or so before I'm really right again, as long as I
don't get too cocky and
think I'm in better shape than I am... glad it didn't require hospitals or
doctors or the like...

There, theres appreciated.

thanks for reading the rant

ann