thanks, Jack -- not quite "ALL" better.. that will take time -- but lots to be thankful for

ann

On 2/4/2017 11:08 PM, Jack Davis wrote:
Heck!
Glad you had a tolerant, understanding, "there","there" medically adept friend.

Glad you're all better.

----- Original Message -----
From: "ann sanfedele" <ann...@nyc.rr.com>
To: "Pentax-Discuss Mail List" <pdml@pdml.net>
Sent: Saturday, February 4, 2017 2:01:57 PM
Subject: Ot; Just so you know...

Last Friday I found the perfect way to clear my brain from the elephant
in the room ...

I fell off of a wheely chair (office chair in my kitchen ) - The chair
has been tossed out.. it was not well balanced, and I was jsut sitting
on it and leaned forward to pick something up off the kitchen floor...
which slants a bit.. tried Not to fall (usually a bad idea) and the
chair threw me like a mechanical bull at a Texas bar...
I only  slightly exagerate for color... sprained my lower back, hit the
back of my head on the kitchen sink.... this was Friday night a week ago...

I piled an icepack on my goose egg and another on my back ... No broken
bones... I checked on line that the area of my head that got bumped was
a pretty low candidate to cause a concussion (about 4 inches above the
top of my left ear.)  Ice wsa applied for about 3 hours to both areas, a
lot of words with friends ws played and the serious news of the day
ignored.  Head wasn not very hurt and swelling went down quickly  - but
the way I twisted my back was giving me a lot of pain.  two Naproxin
Sodium pills were swallowed - I normally onlly take one if I hurt say 5
or 6 on a scale of 10.. this was like 15 on a scale of 1 -10.

Then I called a friend who I knew I wouldnt impose on by crying and
bitching to him, because he lives north of Boston, is wonderful at
"there, there" and pretty savvy medically... and another friend in NY
who is too imobile for his own problems to be able to come help.

saturday I applied heat - I had some stuff here and a friend and
neighbor fetched more..  got out with a cane on MOnday with some
difficulty.. staye in for the worst weather on Tuesday, walked again on
Wed, and each day after...

getting out of bed was intense .. the layered foam was too squishy...
again, helpful hands helped me remove a layer and roll it up in both my
main bed and the office twin...

Last night was the first night I could get out of bed with only moderate
pain and today I walked about 1/2 a mile without cane...

It was just so annoying because I had lost weight, had gotten a lovely
check up in December , hardly felt the knee arthritis and was in full
get things accomplished mode.

Also had some weird stuff witht he computer but that seems to have been
nothing.. ..

It will surely be a month or so before I'm really right again, as long
as I don't get too cocky and think I'm in better shape than I am... glad
it didn't require
hospitals or doctors or the like...

There, theres appreciated.

thanks for reading the rant