I'm late to this. but I don't see how the K-? stripped down full frame could lose any features that would make it less expensive. Most of the fluff is in the software, which would not decrease unit costs for Ricoh to build. Any actual electronic or mechanical changes such as a smaller buffer, or fewer external controls, etc. would probably cost a small manufacture, (by units sold, Ricoh is after all a big company), more than they would save by shaving off those features, and make the camera as useful as the newish Sigma mirroless bodies.

Ricoh Imaging seems to have limited capacity to manufacture different lines of cameras, (just like Pentax), so a dumbed down K-1 seems unlikely.

However if they managed to put a 24x36mm sensor into a K-3 style and sized body I'd certainly be interested. I just don't expect it to happen.

What I actually expect is if there is an intermediate between the K-P and the K-1 will be a K-P without built in flash but with wifi and gps built in, and the same shooting specifications. That doesn't seem to be that hard as it's just swaping out a pop up flash for a different module. Almost the same cost to manufacture with a higher profit margin.