On Sat, Feb 18, 2017, at 04:19 PM, John wrote:
> Tips are easy. Divide the whole number of dollars by 5. That's how many
> dollars tip to leave. If the remainder is more than .5 add another
> dollar.

One of the the biggest problems we had in our 2013 visit to the USA was
getting used to tipping.  Apart from restaurants and possibly taxis,
tipping is uncommon in Australia.

There were a couple of embarrassing moments on the first couple of days
in the USA when we simply forgot that tipping was expected for almost
any service.

Cheers

Brian

Brian Walters
Webmaster
Australian Native Plants Society (Australia)
http://anpsa.org.au
https://www.facebook.com/anpsa

> Some may consider that extravagant, but I find waiters & waitresses
> remember good tippers & you get better service over the long haul.
>
> Of course, that only works for the U.S. Other places have different
> rules & I understand some places in Europe even consider tipping is an
> insult.
>
> On 2/17/2017 10:05 AM, Gonz wrote:
> > join the club my phone has ruined me with its nifty calculator app,
> > now i cant even figure out a tip without fumbling with the phone

http://www.fastmail.com - Accessible with your email software
                          or over the web