Sent: Sunday, February 19, 2017 11:23 PM
To: Pentax-Discuss Mail List
Subject: Re: PESO - The Ship of State

Thanks to all for the comments.

For those asking, it’s the SS Palo Alto, a concrete ship built in San
Francisco during WWI and installed as a tourist attraction at Seacliff
Beach, south of Santa Cruz, in 1930. Over the last couple of years,
storms have taken a dramatic toll on it, most recently a month ago when
massive waves tore the stern off of the ship. More at:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SS_Palo_Alto

As for adding a bit at the bottom, I had looked at an alternate crop,
but what’s down there resulted (in my view anyway) in throwing the tonal
balance off.

- Marco