It was probably around 1998-99, when I realized that another PP (Practical Photography) had a much better quality content.
I remember I was buying that one regularly.
Pop.Photography was emptier. Then Practical Photography declined (rather sharply, IMHO), but Pop.Photography did not become better...

I am actually surprised it survived this long...

Igor