William Robb wrote:
> Is there an easy way to determine which diopter correction lens
> a person needs? I am thinking specifically of a way that doesn't
> involve a trip to the eye doctor.

Hi Bill,

Easiest way is probably to go to a well-stocked camera store and try a few
different diopter values.  That's how I selected the best value for me.  The
Nikon ones seem to be pretty well-stocked, at least in the better stores
I've been in.  If you're near-sighted (like me), try out a few negative
diopters.  Hold one in your hand, then look through it at some small print
at a distance.  If you're far-sighted, try out a few positive diopters.

Seems to me that I read somewhere that the round Nikon diopters, when
removed from their mounts, fit into the Pentax 6x7 viewfinder/diopter lens
mount on the prism finder body.

Hope this helps.  Happy Queen Vicky Day!

Bill Peifer
Rochester, NY