Hi Doug:

I own the Epson 600, but ironically I have used it way more for document scans
than photos and slides.  I have tried some slide test scans, and I find the
quality ok, not great.  I think the 600 is pretty decent for scanning print
photos though.

But the real reason for my response is twofold:

1) If I had a slide and I wanted a print, I’d take the slide to a place that
makes prints from the slide—like in the old days.  I don’t know that I’d want
to fuss around with scanning a bunch of slides, and if I had to do a lot, I’d
use a service, provided I had the money.

2) When I read your post, I thought of all my dad’s slides and the family slide
projector and all the nights when the family sat around with popcorn viewing
the slides.  That was a lot of fun.  And after I read your post, I thought
maybe instead of scanning slides, it might be more fun to secure a slide
projector and have slide show night—invite people over—family and friends—order
a pizza—have some laughs and giggles.  And if folks want a print or two, start
a list, nothing extensive, and use a service to make them a nice print. With my
own dad’s passing, I just may follow my own advice here—secure a good working
slide projector—and invite people over.

Cheers, Christine