Nikon and Panasonic are also cutting back on their camera divisions. Nikon is supposed to be eliminating it's lower end consumer oriented DSLRs such as the 3xxx and 5xxx lines, Panasonic is not being quite so specific about it's future plans, AFAIK, but they have announced that there will be cutbacks.

Ricoh has been floundering, and I think the K-P, and the earlier K-S1, and yes the K-01, even though that was a HOYA imitative, is a symptom of that. I don't have a solution, but I can recognize the problem. I think Pentax sells more top end DSLRs than than entry level, and an inverted pyramid isn't going to produce new Pentax users.

The other issue is that the Digital Revolution in photography has happened. DSLRs reached sufficiency with the previous generation. Improvements have become incremental and that's not what moves a lot of iron, and the business model of everyone except Leica is that to make a profit you've got to move a lot of iron.