Sigma hasn't been able to build a general purpose camera to save their life.

RIcoh has a history of just shuttering divisions that don't make money. They folded their own SLR production before. Let's hope they don't do that again.

What would Sigma do if they bought the Ricoh imaging division, put their proprietary lens mount and the Fovion chip into a K-3 body? Great ergonomics terrible performance in every other way and a lens mount that never took off. Hooray!