Hadn't really seriously looked at the Theta until this: Price drop
info
http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/ricoh-announces-199-price-for-theta-sc-360-camera-300479364.html

Decided for this price that I should dip my toe in the waters of 360
degree video (particularly since I can hang it from a drone). In my
future may be a full blown S (with 25 minutes of video capability vs
the 5 minutes of the SC). 360 degree stills might be interesting for
Real Estate work also. It will also be another camera to have running
JUST before totality hits on August 21st.
:)

Original announcement was only last October:
https://www.forbes.com/sites/geoffreymorrison/2016/10/12/ricoh-theta-sc-360-camera-preview/

Pentax page for the SC: https://theta360.com/uk/about/theta/sc.html

I was about to order it from Amazon when my WikiBuy extension notified
me I could save $19 by purchasing from B&H. To my surprise, not only
did I save the state tax, but also got to select a free Theta soft
case (I chose the black one with a [just plain silly] $39 suggested
retail.

Darren Addy
Kearney, NE
--
“The Earth is Art, The Photographer is only a Witness ”
― Yann Arthus-Bertrand, Earth from Above