I somehow missed the earlier announcement of an upcoming Theta 4K,
which will be introduced sometime this year. If I like what I can do
with the SC, it sounds like the 4K is the one that will produce good
video and would be the one I would potentially upgrade to instead of
the S model.
https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1333693-REG/ricoh_theta_360_degree_camera.html
https://theta360.com/en/info/news/2017-04-21/

Also, reading reviews, it seems that people like "3rd Party" apps for
use with the Theta, than the Ricoh one. Need to do more research on
that. The App Store on my iPad Mini 4 shows a number of possibilities
when searching for "camera control for Ricoh Theta". Several apps
claim to do HDR for the Theta also.

Darren Addy
Kearney, Nebraska