On Sat, Nov 18, 2017 at 8:52 AM David J Brooks <pentko...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have been using multiple ext hard drives for my back ups mostly
> phots and  documents. I'm going to have to purge somethings next year,
> running out of HD space probably by mid 2018 at current shooting rate.
> U have everything on the Ext but would like to put it al in one spot
> as well. One of our camera club members uses Crashplan but just
> wondering what others can recommend to me. Crash plan does not offer
> individual storage anymore just business but its $10 a month for
> unlimited storage so its got that going for it.

The problem with cloud storage is that it is only as secure as the company
doing the storage. If it goes out of business, or gets hacked, etc, your
data might just disappear.
I’ve been using Drobos for over a decade now. I’m on unit two now because
the first one was a USB-1, and was getting too slow with data writing as
files got larger.
I think the one I have now is a Drobo 5d. They seem reliable, and are
infinitely expandable by increasing drive capacity. They offer double disc
redundancy, so if two drives kaak, you don’t lose anything, though this
comes at the expense of capacity.

bill