Hello,
I'm trying to choose a cloud storage myself. Crashplan sounds
interesting if you have large amount of data - though, how large is
"unlimited"?
Cloud is nothing more than "someone else's computer"; trust is very
important, as Bill pointed out.

How I'm planning to do it: I bought a NAS unit (a QNAP TS431p,
inexpensive but can do a lot) for main, redundant storage. With the
ongoing ransomware epidemics, I want to give my PC as little access as
possible to the data (which a DAS or external drives can't do).
That cheap NAS has tons of neat features, I still have a lot to
explore. For example, it's now getting snapshots - the ability to
revert your data to just before that ransomware encrypted it. It can
also detect silent data corruption using RAID scrubbing (only with
non-degraded RAID 5 and 6 arrays - and some would say ZFS is a better
solution), and being a NAS I can access it from anywhere (even from my
mobile). It has sync folders between multiple devices - with
versioning.

The NAS unit itself can take care of backups, on external drives and
on the cloud.
As for a cloud, I've made no choice yet, I was thinking about Amazon
Glacier as I wouldn't need fast data access - nor something like an
"unlimited" storage.

I cannot stress enough the threat of ransomware (or other forms of
data corruption). Backups are useless if corrupted data overwrites
good data - use backup with versioning.
And use at least 2 backups - main storage, even on a NAS with
redundancy, doesn't count as a backup.

Have fun,
Alex