Great Smokey Mountain National Park is a 95 miles as the crow flies (Mile High
Swinging Bridge to Newfound Gap) and according to this calculator, from an
altitude of 5280 ft the distance to the horizon is 89 miles.

http://www.ringbell.co.uk/info/hdist.htm
IF the weather is clear, you can see Charlotte (81.93 mi)from the top of GFM
and you can see Mount Mitchell(33.22 mi).

There's a city park in Boone, NC that's up on top of a mountain, and you can
see Grandfather Mountain from there and if the weather is right (low overcast)
all you'll see is the top of the mountain sticking out of a sea of clouds.

According to the NPS, the Blue Ridge Parkway "is technically a national /parkway/" ...
"However, both are operated by the National Park Service"

https://www.nps.gov/blri/faqs.htm