I thought I better get on the stick and give some comments before the
next gallery is up.  First of all, I was pleased with the quality of
the PUG.  It is nice to be able to share with each other some of our
work.  It is a learning experience for me and I really enjoy being
able to see some of the stuff you all are creating.

"Consider The Moon" - Ollen Mullis
What I like about this one is how clear and uncluttered the background
is.  It makes his son look suspended in the air rather than jumping on
a tramp.  The moon doesn't add anything for me, in fact, is probably a
slight distraction.  It is too small to be readily identified without
some hint.  Overall a well executed image.

"Penalty" - Wendy Beard
Being able to just make out the netting really makes this into an
image with a story.  The preparation that you see on the boy's face
also adds.  I only wish we could see some hint of the goalie.

"Catching the Curl" - Paul Stenquist
My, oh my!  Catching this kind of action with a 67!  Paul, you inspire
me to try more things with mine.  I would love to hear more details on
how you went about this image.  Great job!

"Statue in Berlin" - Joseph Tainter
This is a great example of how important lighting is in making a great
photograph.  As Joseph stated, he walked past without hardly noticing
until the lighting was so powerful and dramatic.  The combination of
strong lighting from the right and the direction of the statue really
work well together.

"Annie and Brodie" - James Donnellan
This one has been discussed before and for good cause.  A wonderful
image that has been captured at the perfect moment.  Framing, slight
silhouette and background all work together.  Great job!

"Incoming!" - E.R.N. Reed
Good capture.  The whited out background works well with the gull.
Gives it a nice high key look.  You nailed the exposure and focus and
timed the wingspread well.  Good job!

"Red Bellied Water Snake" - Mark Cassino
Mark, you macro work is always astounding!  When I have tried, I don't
do nearly as well.  The sharpness of the head with that tongue
sticking out is great.  I notice that you're working with some pretty
fine equipment too.  I'm curious to know how much that 200 macro
helps.

"Walking Shadow" - Gianfranco Irlanda
Another powerful image from Gianfranco.  I almost get an optical
illusion feel because I see the street at his feet and then as I look
up, it almost seems that the street reaches over his head and starts
to curl back around.

"Afternoon" - Facit
Another image that is a study of light and form.  Starting from the
left with black, then the chain, then the shadow, ending in white is
fascinating.  This is an image that just invites you to look.  It is
so clean and simple.

"Leaning Tree" - Kathleen Leickly
I like this shot.  I have tried many times to create fall colors shots
and generally I am not happy with the results.  This one works well.
I love the colors and the composition.

"One Day in December" - Christian Skofteland
Reading the description helped me appreciate and identify much better
with this shot.  I like the composition very much and it helps to
isolate the man reading the names.  I only with that somewhere on the
wall I could make out some of the names or some other way to help me
understand what he is doing.

"The Summer Palace" - Aconquija
My favorite for the month.  Very well executed.  Classic thirds
composition works very well here with foreground, middle mountains and
sky.  The quality of light is perfect and how the boat is clear and
sharp, but the mountains get a bit hazy is very nice.

"Walkway" - Martin Mielke
I like this shot.  It gives me a feeling of big, open expanse.  The
walkway leading out into the distance, but yet I can see beyond it.
The clouds in the sky help to give strength to the image.  It does
seem to me to be just slightly tilted - maybe it's just me.

I didn't comment on every single image but was impressed by the
strength of the gallery.  Lack of comment on my part does not mean
that I didn't like an image.  I started from the back and got more
picky as I got tired.

All in all, great job everyone.  I look forward to the next gallery.

Bruce Dayton