If you have to ask what game, well there's just no hope for you...

OK, so it's the Yale Harvard football classic, the one that was killing and maiming so many of America's best and brightest around of the turn of the 20th Century,  that President Theodore Roosevelt felt obliged to mediate, and thus the modern sport of Football, (American, and it's Younger Canadian brother), was born.

So no one cares and the Ivy league hasn't been the cutting edge of Football since sometime in the 1930's, but Yale and Harvard still take it seriously.

For the rest of us it's a good excuse for a cookout in miserable cold fall weather, often rainy or like this year threatening to rain anyway.

The last few years have been disappointing for Yale fans but this year,  Yale handed the Harvard team their heads after bouncing them down the field a bit.

I took almost 200 images but rather than bore everyone I've put together a representative sample of what happened with great regularity and a couple of shots of tailgaters having way too much fun, for probably the wrong reasons.

https://pdml.updog.co/thegame2017/GESO%20--%20thegame.html

Equipment: Pentax K-5II w/Kalamare 500mm MC Mirror f8.0 or SMC Pentax F 70-210mm f4.0~5.6

As usual comments are welcome but may be totally ignored.

    - P.J. O'Rourke