That’s what happens when I type on my phone at 0-dark-30, Michigan and Harvard
played 8 times beginning in 1891. They were 4-4. Michigan lists national
championships for 1902, 03 and 04, among many others, but I think it was known
as “Championship of the West” back then and didn’t include the Ivy League.

By the way, Michigan considers its game against Ohio State to be “the game,”
although in truth the Michigan State game is a bigger deal in much of the home
state, especially since MSU has been beating up on old blue in recent years.

Paul